If you will not be paying all cash for the purchase of your next home, you will need a loan. Stay ahead of the curve by knowing what loan programs are available and which one is best for you. Learn what current mortgage interest rates are and what you need to close on our new home.
What is Mortgage Pre-Approval?
- It is a written statement from a lender stating the lender’s preliminary determination of a Borrowers financial qualification for a loan amount. It is typically based on income, credit score and debt. Most pre-approval letters are good for 60 to 90 days to allow a Buyer time to look at homes and make an offer.
Why you need to get Pre-Approved for a Loan?
- It will give you and accurate idea of how much home you can afford. This will help you and your Realtor in the houses that are truly in your budget.
- It allows the Sellers to know you are a credible Buyer. Most sellers will not consider your offer without a pre-approval.
- A pre-approval letter can make you stand out in a competitive real estate market. You will have the ability to act fast while your competition is still making their application.
What do I provide to get a Pre-Approval Letter?
- A lender will need to get your basic information about you and your financial history. You will provide your social security number and give permission for the lender to review your credit. If the information you provide and the information obtained in the credit report satisfies the lender’s guideline, the lender will make a preliminary determination in writing stating you would qualify for a particular loan amount subject to the conditions outlined in your pre-approval letter.
- Please note that each lender has its own standards and processes for determining pre-approval letters.
- If there is a co-borrower for the loan, they will need to answer the same questions and provide the same information.
How long does it take to get a Pre-Approval Letter?
- The call on the phone or meeting in person normally takes between 15 and 25 minutes to answer all the questions.
- The credit will be pulled and reviewed. The information you provided will be entered into their system. You can expect to have a response back within 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- A letter is generated within minutes from the initial pre-approval.
- To Get Started Now on Your Pre-Approval –click here.